As the weather warms up, swimwear moves up our shopping lists. However, many experience frustration, as it can be hard to get it right. Here are some simple tips on finding your perfect swimsuit.
- Try on lots of different suits. Swim styles change all the time, so look outside of your comfort zone and you may find a new favourite silhouette.
- Go with a smaller size if you’re not sure. Swimsuits expand when they get wet.
- Use ties and adjustable straps to fit the swimsuit to your body shape. Go tighter than you think. Once tied, lean forward and adjust until your bust is covered and secure.
- When shopping online consider adjustable styles, like tie side bottoms and tie back tops, this way you can customise the fit.
- Choose a trendy silhouette if it doesn’t fit – great style begins with great fit. Go with a style that fits and flatters your figure.
- Assume a size larger or more fabric will give you more flattering coverage. Many women purchase suits that are too large and as a result don’t provide adequate support. If you want more coverage find a different style.
And if there was another reason to start replenishing your swimwear wardrobe now, you can cut to the chase and get the job over and done with, without the traffic or stress of shopping around – which means more time at the beach.